When a person goes to a hospital or clinic to consult with a physician, he or she expects that they will get good medical advice and good treatment. It is expected that we will be healed and not hurt. Most of the time that is exactly what happens — but not always.
Portland, Oregon Medical Malpractice Attorney
If you have been injured or in some way harmed during a medical procedure or as a result of medical care you received, contact me for a free initial consultation to determine whether or not you have a medical malpractice injury case with merit. I have been an attorney for more than thirty years, and have been able to help many individuals who have suffered harm while in medical care.
For Those Who Were Hurt Instead of Healed
Considerations for a Medical Malpractice Claim
A personal injury or medical malpractice claim can be a very complex case with detailed medical reports, medical testimony and witnesses. Below are a few of the circumstances which we would examine closely.
- Do the doctors involved disagree? If one believes proper care was given, and another physician is willing to say that a mistake was made, that could be beneficial to your case.
- Is the medical issue significant? If you have a scar as a result of surgery, that is a minor issue compared to a required second surgery to remove a sponge that was left inside a body cavity.
- Have you followed the doctor’s orders? If you were given the proper prescription, but ignored the warning label and suffered a severe adverse reaction, that is a more difficult case to pursue compared to a situation in which a person took the medication properly, and experienced the same adverse reaction.
Thirty Years of Experience
My experience will lead me to recognize when a claim has merit and is worth pursuing. I have a thorough understanding of medical terminology and procedures and access to medical specialists for expert testimony. Because of this experience, I feel I am able to give my clients a realistic appraisal of a medical malpractice lawsuit, and judge the merit of a particular claim.
The types of personal injuries and medical negligence or malpractice lawsuits I would accept and have experience in include the following:
- Birth injuries
- Failure to diagnose
- Surgical errors
- Prescription errors
- Nursing home negligence or abuse
- Emergency room errors
- Delay in diagnosis
- Injuries due to anesthesia
- Wrongful death
Call (503) 296-6777 for Initial Consultation
I offer a free initial consultation for potential personal injury plaintiffs. I accept medical malpractice, nursing home negligence and other personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis. The Daniel Hoarfrost law office is conveniently located in Portland, Oregon, although I represent clients from a much wider area. Send me an e-mail if you need a lawyer’s help with your personal injury litigation or legal concern.